IT WAS THE SUMMER I VACATIONED IN MEXICO THAT I LEAR...N.....D shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
14 oz dried Black Beans, soak in water overnight
3 (or 12, who am I to judge) cloves Garlic, crushed
3 cups Vegetable Broth
3 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (from a can)
2–4 cups Water
Juice of 1 Lime
- Drain the soaked black beans & rinse. Place them into the metal container of an Instant Pot with the garlic, vegetable broth, and chipotle peppers.
- Add enough water to the pot so that there is around 2″ of free water above the beans.
- Manually start the instant pot & cook for like 30-35 min
- Let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure for 5 minutes, then carefully set the lid to venting and manually release pressure.
- Remove the Chipotle Peppers from the liquid – they should be floating at the top. Dice them up and put them back in the beans
- Drain most of the liquid from the beans, leave some so they don’t dry though and then return them to the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the Lime Juice, and add any extra Salt to taste, if necessary.
- Serve as desired. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 7 days