rosemary garlic white bean soup:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 15oz. cans cannellini beans
- 2 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Before you begin, pour one of the cans of cannellini beans (with its liquid) into a blender and purée until smooth. Drain the other two cans of beans.
- Mince the garlic and add it to a soup pot with the olive oil. Sauté the garlic over medium for about one minute, or just until the garlic is very fragrant.
- Add the puréed cannellini beans, the other two cans of drained beans, broth, rosemary, thyme, crushed red pepper, and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place a lid on the pot, turn the heat up to medium-high, and bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium low, remove the lid, and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Smash the beans slightly to thicken the soup even more. Taste the soup and add salt if needed